- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest Iran Items
Israel's prime minister says Iran is progressing toward acquisition of a nuclear bomb in order to destroy Israel.
Sudan's longtime ties to Iran — and the two nations' roles in arming Islamic militants — have come under scrutiny in the wake of an explosion at a Khartoum weapons factory, blamed on an Israeli airstrike, and the dockings of two Iranian warships at a Sudanese port.
Israel's prime minister and defense minister ordered the military to go on alert to prepare to attack Iran's nuclear program two years ago, but backed off following opposition from top security officials, an Israeli news show claims in a report to be aired Monday night.
While clear military consequences may dissuade Iran from pursuing nuclear weapons, we must also plan for the worst -- by bolstering our homeland missile defense shield to defend against the intercontinental ballistic missiles that Iran is already developing ("For Iran, no red line means green light," Commentary, Oct. 24).
It was a VIP audience for what was likely the last performance of the venerable Tehran Symphony Orchestra. Watching from the front row in late August was Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in what was seen as an endorsement from the ruling theocracy, which once tried to stamp out all music as a violation of Islamic values.
Two Iranian naval ships docked in a Sudanese port, just as Sudan was denying that Iran is linked to a Khartoum military factory that was hit in an apparent airstrike last week.
Ever since President Obama took office, the idea of a grand bargain with Iran has occupied his mind, and still today he believes the Islamic regime will be kind to him and negotiate. He is woefully mistaken.
The United States and the European Union said Tuesday they'll press on with sanctions against Iran, even as they hope the promise of new negotiations could lead to a diplomatic solution ending the nuclear standoff.
Iran has images of sensitive Israeli military bases taken by a drone that was launched by Lebanon's Hezbollah movement and downed by Israel earlier this month, a senior Iranian lawmaker claimed Monday in the latest boast from Tehran about purported advances in the capabilities of its unmanned aircraft.