- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
Latest Iraq Items
An agency-by-agency summary of President Barack Obama's proposed budget for fiscal 2015, beginning next Oct. 1.
A jury of five two-star generals was seated Wednesday for the court-martial of an Army general believed to be the highest ranking officer to face sexual assault charges.
Anna Johnson, an award-winning journalist with extensive experience working in the U.S. and the Middle East, has been named The Associated Press' deputy editor for the U.S. West, overseeing coverage from 13 states.
Two Maryland Democratic candidates for governor are releasing their first television ads of the campaign.
Republicans are dismissing President Barack Obama's new $3.9 trillion budget as nothing more than a Democratic manifesto for this fall's congressional campaigns, but the fiscal plan is taking hits from another quarter too - anti-deficit groups.
A senior Pentagon official let slip this week that the administration's commitment to the pivot to Asia is under review because of large-scale defense spending cuts.
What happens when the U.S. government participates in toppling foreign governments in the name of spreading democracy?
Along with U.S. intelligence and the Obama administration, the U.S. media seemed ill-prepared for and ill-informed about the events in Ukraine.
Cpl. William Kyle Carpenter, who was severely wounded during a 2010 grenade attack, is set to become the third Medal of Honor recipient from the Afghanistan and Iraq wars.