- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Hillary Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Iraq Items
Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain, with an assist from Sen. Joe Lieberman, competed in freshly minted assurances of allegiance to Israel as it embarked on a weeklong 60th birthday party.
Capitol Hill Republicans say they will unite to block Democratic efforts to attach billions of dollars for domestic programs onto a bill intended to supplement war spending efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan through September 2009.
Iraq's U.S. ambassador said yesterday that his country still needs time before it can fully finance its own reconstruction effort, despite an oil-export windfall that has lawmakers on Capitol Hill demanding Baghdad pick up more of the tab.
Al Qaeda gaining strength, U.S. says
The perils of corporate funding
BAGHDAD (AP) — An Assyrian Orthodox priest was fatally shot yesterday by gunmen using silencers as the Christian cleric and his wife returned home after a trip to the market in Baghdad.
Noble: Claire Marinello, for her tremendous success with "Operation Cookie," which sent more than 14,000 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies to troops in Iraq.