- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Ireland Items
Premier Silvio Berlusconi lashed out Monday at his German and French counterparts, who have demanded Italy introduce tough new measures to spur economic growth, and chided them for trying to "give lessons" to Rome and insisting Italy's economy was stable.
True to form, European leaders on Sunday put off the tough decisions needed to save the Continent from its debt crisis but promised that a comprehensive plan still is coming.
Astronomers have captured the first direct image of a planet being born.
After 14 years as one of Ireland's most successful boy bands, Westlife are finally handing in their mics.
A University of Hawaii astronomer has captured the first direct image of a planet being born.
It has insults, rivalries and bitter accusations. The battle for Britain's most prestigious literary award is proving to be a page-turner.
It was fourth time lucky for British writer Julian Barnes, who won literature's Booker Prize on Tuesday after a contest that had as many insults, rivalries and bitter accusations as a paperback potboiler.
If the experience of the faithful in other English-speaking countries is any indication, American Catholics are in for a bumpy transition as they encounter the most sweeping changes to the text of the Mass in more than 40 years.
Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk took his first steps toward building a new government Monday after his centrist ruling party became the country's first ever to win re-election since the collapse of communism in 1989.