- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Latest Isaac Larian Items
The number of people seeking unemployment benefits dipped last week, a sign the job market may be improving slowly. Weekly applications for unemployment benefits edged down 1,000 to a seasonally adjusted 400,000, the lowest level in four months.
A federal court jury rejected Mattel Inc.'s copyright-infringement claims Thursday involving MGA Entertainment's lucrative line of hip, urban Bratz dolls and awarded MGA $88.4 million for misappropriation of its trade secrets by the Barbie-maker.