- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
Latest Isi Items
Pakistan on Thursday warned Afghanistan to behave responsibly following Kabul's move to sign a strategic pact with Islamabad's archenemy, India, at a particularly sensitive time in relations between the two countries.
Before retiring last week, Adm. Mike Mullen made 27 trips to Pakistan as chairman of the Joint Chiefs that convinced him he had established a close personal relationship with his opposite number, Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani - only to conclude in farewell interviews that he is still baffled by the world's most complex - and dangerous - situation.
U.S. intelligence and security agencies are sifting through thousands of pages of documents obtained from Osama bin Laden's lair in Pakistan in a hunt for links between the al Qaeda leader and Pakistan's ISI military intelligence service.
Pakistan did not immediately accept an American apology for the deaths of Pakistani troops killed by mistake in Kurram Agency during a cross-border hot pursuit last week. Meanwhile, nearly 100 tankers in Pakistan carrying fuel to support the war effort in Afghanistan have been torched, the Torkham Gate in the Khyber Pass remains closed, and there are reports that elements in the ISI, Pakistan's military intelligence service, are supporting the Taliban. Policymakers in the United States should begin discussing whether Pakistan is part of the solution to the challenges in the Mideast and South Asia or part of the problem.