- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Islamism Items
The U.S. Embassy warned American citizens Wednesday that a terrorist Islamist sect is targeting hotels frequented by foreigners in Nigeria's capital.
French police detained 19 people Friday as they launched a crackdown on suspected Islamist extremists in cities around the country, the French president said, promising more raids to come.
Iran's leaders urged the Hamas prime minister of Gaza to continue the Islamic militant group's resistance against Israel and promised support, state TV reported Sunday.
A barge carrying a crane and other equipment hitched itself to the toppled Costa Concordia on Tuesday, signaling the start of operations to remove a half-million gallons of fuel from the grounded cruise ship.
A U.S. drone strike killed an al Qaeda official of Lebanese origin fighting alongside insurgents in Somalia, officials said late Saturday.
From Occupy Wall Street to the Joplin tornado, the debt-ceiling battle and the killing of Osama bin Laden, 2011 will not soon be forgotten.
A senior Hamas official has ordered the Islamist militant group to cease attacks on Israel, according to senior Fatah officials cited by the Ha'aretz daily newspaper.
A ceremony Thursday in Baghdad marked the final end of the Iraq war. The conflict lasted almost nine years, cost $800 billion, took about 4,500 American lives and wounded 32,000. In the end, it was a success.
Opposition leader Etienne Tshisekedi's party called Wednesday for mass protests to "protect" the victory he claims to have won in disputed presidential polls.