- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
Islamist Muslim Brotherhood
Latest Islamist Muslim Brotherhood Items
Director of National Intelligence James Clapper has no plans to resign following disclosures to the Senate Intelligence Committee that he misled Congress on widespread National Security Agency electronic surveillance of Americans.
Hundreds of thousands of demonstrators gathered Tuesday in the center of Cairo to protest their democratically elected president's recent decrees granting himself near-absolute power, chanting slogans against the Muslim Brotherhood and accusing him of trying to become Egypt's new dictator.
The tenuous truce between Israel and Hamas militants after eight days of savage fighting now relies on Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi to guarantee the cease-fire he spent days crafting.
The resignation of the U.S. ambassador to the Vatican presents President Obama with the same dilemma he faced three years ago in trying to find a pro-life Democrat to fill the diplomatic post in the Holy See, which is angered by Mr. Obama's push to force Catholic institutions to provide health insurance coverage for abortion and birth control.
Egypt's ancient Coptic Orthodox Church named a new pope on Sunday, chosen in an elaborate ceremony in which a blindfolded boy drew the name of the next patriarch from a crystal chalice.
The roots of the current turmoil in Muslim countries stretching from East Asia to North Africa go much deeper than the violent reaction to an amateurish 13-minute YouTube video. These are simply the latest manifestations of a 33-year record of failure to address Islamic fundamentalism's multiple acts of war against the United States.
Egypt's military rulers faced mounting pressure on two fronts Sunday, with a fourth day of violent street protests spearheading calls to speed up the transfer of power to a civilian administration and the U.S. threatening to cut more than a billion dollars in badly needed aid.
With the Obama administration belatedly conceding tyranny and anarchy are each enemies of liberty, amidst the protests and power plays, the "Egyptian solution" becomes clear: a real constitution. How can this be achieved?