- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
Latest Ismail Haniya Items
RAMALLAH, West Bank — Mahmoud Abbas got a major boost in his increasingly bellicose showdown with Hamas yesterday, with a U.S. diplomat saying he expects a crippling embargo to be lifted after the Palestinian president appoints a government without the Islamist militants.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Hamas fighters took over two security command centers and vanquished the rival Fatah"s movement in the Gaza Strip yesterday, prompting beleaguered Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to dissolve the Hamas-Fatah unity government.
EREZ BORDER CROSSING, Israel — The militant Islamist group Hamas seized control of most of the Gaza Strip yesterday in coordinated attacks on Palestinian security forces loyal to President Mahmoud Abbas, controlling major roadways and setting up sniper positions atop the territory's biggest buildings.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Militants battling on the rooftops of Gaza fired on the Palestinian government headquarters yesterday, forcing ministers to flee the building. The unusually brazen factional fighting left 17 Palestinians dead, including three killed in a hospital gunbattle.