- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
Latest Ismail Haniya Items
RAMALLAH, West Bank — Mahmoud Abbas got a major boost in his increasingly bellicose showdown with Hamas yesterday, with a U.S. diplomat saying he expects a crippling embargo to be lifted after the Palestinian president appoints a government without the Islamist militants.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Hamas fighters took over two security command centers and vanquished the rival Fatah"s movement in the Gaza Strip yesterday, prompting beleaguered Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to dissolve the Hamas-Fatah unity government.
EREZ BORDER CROSSING, Israel — The militant Islamist group Hamas seized control of most of the Gaza Strip yesterday in coordinated attacks on Palestinian security forces loyal to President Mahmoud Abbas, controlling major roadways and setting up sniper positions atop the territory's biggest buildings.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Militants battling on the rooftops of Gaza fired on the Palestinian government headquarters yesterday, forcing ministers to flee the building. The unusually brazen factional fighting left 17 Palestinians dead, including three killed in a hospital gunbattle.