- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Israel Defense Forces
Latest Israel Defense Forces Items
Israel's military said it has intercepted and seized a shipment of advanced weapons from Iran that were being sent to terror groups in the Gaza.
Hundreds of thousands of ultra-Orthodox Jews rallied Sunday in the streets of Jerusalem, blocking roads and paralyzing the city in a massive show of force against plans to require them to serve in the Israeli military.
Israel has opened a new front in its attempts to halt weapons smuggling to Hezbollah, striking one of the group's positions inside Lebanon for the first time since the sides fought a war eight years ago.
The annual rate of Israeli settler attacks against Palestinians has almost quadrupled in eight years, U.N. figures show, buttressing claims that Israeli security forces have largely failed to stem the so-called "price tag" campaign in which thugs cut down trees, deface mosques and beat Palestinian farmers.
Palestinians held more than a dozen Israeli settlers for about two hours Tuesday in retaliation for the latest in a string of settler attacks on villages in the area, witnesses said.
The Israeli military says it has carried out an airstrike in the Gaza Strip in response to the deadly shooting of an Israeli civilian who was working along the border fence.
The Israeli military says a rocket fired from the Gaza Strip hit an open area in a southern Israeli village but caused no injuries.
Israel's Holocaust memorial on Sunday commemorated the 75th anniversary of Kristallnacht, "the night of broken glass," when Nazi forces terrorized and torched Jewish towns and neighborhoods in Germany and parts of Austria, killing 500 Jews.
Israel Defense Forces claimed direct hits Monday with two rocket strikes in the Gaza Strip, retaliatory moves that came just hours after suspected Hamas forces fired at Israel.