- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
- Sarah Palin Channel makes online debut as counter to mainstream media
Latest Israel Items
The U.N. Security Council called for "an immediate and unconditional humanitarian cease-fire" in the Gaza war between Israel and Hamas at an emergency meeting just after midnight (0400 GMT) Monday morning.
The administration's deputy national security adviser said Sunday that Israel could do more to ensure Palestinian civilians aren't killed in the current crisis.
Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright said Sunday that Russian President Vladimir Putin's behavior and the Arab Spring in the Middle East have been "game changers," complicating U.S. foreign policy.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that he doesn't want any civilians to be killed in the conflict with the Palestinians, but that Israel has to defend its own people.
As rockets continue to rain down on Israeli communities and Israeli troops act to quell the onslaught, I will be boarding a plane bound for the Jewish state to see with my own eyes exactly what is taking place. During my time in Israel, I will be reporting on the ground and conducting a series of in-depth interviews on the latest state of affairs.
President Obama urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday to accept an unconditional ceasefire with Hamas for humanitarian purposes.
A crowd of more than 1,500 rallied Sunday on behalf of Israel at the Colorado state capitol, calling on Americans to support the Jewish state's ability to defend itself in its conflict with Hamas in Gaza.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Sunday that the president has been "in the lead" in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Israel agreed Saturday to extend a 12-hour humanitarian truce in the Gaza war by four hours, a Cabinet minister said. In Gaza, a health official said the Palestinian death toll in 19 days of fighting had surpassed 1,000.