- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Israel Items
A bipartisan group of senators is urging the Obama administration to ensure that any cease-fire in the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas still affords Israel the ability to defend itself from incoming rocket fire and underground tunnel attacks.
Hamas, with perhaps unwitting help from President Obama, is achieving its war aim: to legitimize Islamic supremacism and Jew-hatred, and take it global.
Israeli tank shells hit a compound housing a U.N. school in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, killing at least 15 people and wounding dozens who were seeking shelter from fierce clashes on the streets outside, Palestinian officials said, as Israel pressed forward with its 17-day war against the territory's Hamas rulers.
All three U.S. airlines serving Israel will resume flights there Thursday, following a two-day hiatus caused by combat in the Gaza Strip.
The U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay, suggested in the wake of the Palestinian death toll hitting nearly 700 that Israel was guilty of war crimes.
Flights have been grounded and troops have been mobilized in and out of Israel because of ongoing violence, but young Jewish people are still making the trip as part of their birthright.
The Federal Aviation Administration has lifted its ban on U.S. flights to Israel, which it had imposed out of concern over the risk of planes being hit by Hamas rockets.
This week, a terrorist group tried to shut down Israel's airport, and couldn't. So President Obama stepped in and did it for them.