- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
Latest Issa Items
The House's top investigator said Tuesday the relationship between congressional Republicans and the IRS was "not improved" by agency Commissioner John Koskinen's "disappointing performance" late Monday, as members of Congress probe what happened to emails that could be key to their investigation of political targeting at the revenue agency.
The Department of Homeland Security demoted a senior career employee who confidentially complained to the agency's internal watchdog that political appointees were interfering improperly with requests for federal records by journalists and others.
The GOP's top House investigator in the new Congress is putting the White House on notice that he's going to be aggressive in going after what he considers wasteful spending by the Obama administration.