- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Ivy League Items
Police aren’t yet confirming, but members of the student body seem clear: A Monday morning bomb threat that sent four facilities at Harvard University into emergency evacuation mode was due to a prankster who wanted to avoid final exams.
For political scientists, and especially academics, intelligence is the dark angel of foreign affairs, eager to topple governments and betray other persons — including allies — through stealth and lies. Oh, perhaps. The chronicles of spookdom certainly brim with case histories of chicanery.
No one knows whether Minerva Schools will succeed in providing an elite university experience for roughly half the cost of an Ivy League school, but if it doesn't, someone else out there will.
Always picking from the Ivy League shelf makes for leadership monotony
The Minerva Project is an ambitious attempt to create an elite university for the 21st century while remaking the higher education model.
Of the 60 low-income high school students the Leadership Enterprise for a Diverse America mentors every year, all of them will matriculate into college and 87 percent will earn a bachelor’s degree within six years.
Almost half of Harvard University’s incoming freshmen say they’ve cheated on school work at least once, the student-run newspaper, The Harvard Crimson, found in a survey.
For generations, some of the best and the brightest are drawn to Harvard University.
Dick Kazmaier, the last Ivy League football player to win the Heisman Trophy, has died. He was 82.