- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Ivy League Items
In other action Saturday, Virginia beat Elon 2-0 in Charlottesville and Virginia Tech downed Coastal Carolina 9-1 in an elimination game in Blacksburg.
The federal Clery Act requires colleges to report campus crime statistics in a timely manner, and accompany those statistics with pertinent safety advisements — but apparently Yale didn't get the memo. The Ivy League school's been fined $165,000 for failing to report its local crime numbers.
Cornell (13-3) never trailed. The Big Red led 6-4 at halftime, 10-6 after three quarters and pulled away in the fourth quarter.
A body pulled from waters off a Providence park was that of a 22-year-old Brown University student missing since last month, the Rhode Island medical examiner's office said Thursday.
The once-brilliant American workforce is permanently scarring itself out of work. Recent headlines suggest 90 million Americans are either out of a job or have given up looking for work altogether. This dismal figure is approximately 28.7 percent of the current U.S. population of 313,900,000.
Michael Lesley crisscrossed Harvard Yard, looking up from his copy of David Hume's "The Natural History of Religion" only to avoid the tourists that shuffled through the snow-covered quadrangle.
Talk about revenge of the nerds!
With some of their strongest teams in years, New Mexico and New Mexico State are creating quite the NCAA tournament buzz across the state.