- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
Topic - J. Hairston
P.J. Hairston's career is over at North Carolina.
Larkin scored a career-high 28 points, eight coming in the final 2½ minutes, to help No. 9 Miami pull away late to beat North Carolina 87-77 in Sunday's final.
North Carolina and its four-guard lineup have a chance at another Atlantic Coast Conference championship — thanks in part to a Maryland guard whose last-gasp shot fell way short.
"I thought I was going to die, honestly," Hairston said. "As soon as the soap and alcohol touched me, I kind of screamed for my life. But after the thing was stitched up, of course it was a little sore. Coming out in warmups, it felt fine."