- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Latest J. Snowe Items
The Senate on Wednesday rejected every single budget being offered this year, leaving the chamber — and therefore the federal government — without a plan to address Medicare, Social Security and the other major entitlement programs that are driving deficits and debt.
Maine Democrats are struggling to find a strong contender to challenge for the Senate seat being vacated by retiring Republican Olympia J. Snowe, but both parties may find their picks overshadowed by the independent candidacy of popular former Gov. Angus King.
Maine's Olympia J. Snowe has long thrived as one of the Senate's leading GOP moderates, but she has recently sided with tea partyers on high-profile votes involving Libya, the budget and the environment as she braces for a primary challenge from the right.
State lawmakers from across the country breathed a collective sigh of relief on Thursday after the Democrat-controlled Senate voted to send them billions of emergency Medicaid dollars from last year's stimulus bill -- ending what had been a months-long, filibuster-fueled challenge to the deficit-spending.
U.S. Senate candidate Alvin Greene is making his first public speaking appearance in South Carolina since his unexpected Democratic nomination a month ago.