- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Jack B. Johnson
Latest Jack B. Johnson Items
Former Prince George's County Executive Jack B. Johnson on Tuesday pleaded guilty to two felony charges involving thousands of dollars in bribes he solicited as part of a "pay-to-play" culture federal authorities say he fostered throughout his two terms in office.
A seemingly inconsequential resolution introduced before the Prince George's County Council last March is now a prominent part of an eight-count indictment announced Monday against former County Executive Jack B. Johnson that charges him with conspiracy, extortion and bribery.
Former Prince George's County Executive Jack B. Johnson was charged in an indictment with conspiracy, extortion and bribery related to the performance of his official duties, along with charges of tampering with a witness and evidence.
The shadow of corruption over Prince George's County government widened Monday with indictments against two county police officers and others on charges of trafficking bootleg cigarettes and alcohol, just days after County Executive Jack B. Johnson's arrest on charges of trying to conceal tens thousands of dollars in suspected payoffs from a developer.
Prince George's County Executive Jack B. Johnson was the keynote speaker at the Human Trafficking Summit hosted by the African Tourism Organization at the National Harbor earlier this fall.
Want to make Prince George's County "prettier than [it] already is?" Just want to earn community-service credits?
Prince George"s County Executive Jack B. Johnson says the county"s largest health provider needs to rid itself of mismanagement before it gets any more public subsidies.