- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Jack Evans Items
Two gay men in Texas who say they've been together for 53 years took advantage of the recent open door a federal judge gave to gay marriage in the state, and traded wedding vows before a crowd of hundreds.
D.C. Councilmember Jack Evans says he's one of three viable candidates for mayor along with incumbent Vincent Gray and Councilmember Muriel Bowser, and he's taking some shots at their records on economic development.
Having sent up the red flag before the Christmas holidays, I venture again.
Candidates for mayor of Washington are laying out competing proposals to improve public education in the city.
If you're interested in reading tit-for-tat rhetoric being spewed in the "war on women," this isn't the column for you today.
District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray has flexed his fundraising muscle in his bid for a second term, raising $627,000 in less than two months for the April Democratic primary.
Democrats in the District of Columbia's Ward 8 are hosting a forum for candidates for the city's mayor.
After studying the tea leaves, Vincent C. Gray has decided to make another run in the race for mayor of the nation's capital.
The owner of the Washington Capitals and Wizards says he doesn't ask for much from the D.C. government, but that better traffic control and increased police presence around Verizon Center would be nice.