- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Jack Hillen
Dustin Penner saw plenty of ice time in his debut with the Capitals and played a role in Alex Ovechkin's power-play goal.
A perfect pass by Jack Hillen set Troy Brouwer up for a pretty slapshot goal against the Flyers.
On Tuesday the Capitals acquired Dustin Penner in a trade and finally found a deal to send Martin Erat elsewhere.
Now that Traktor Chelyabinsk is officially out of the KHL playoff chase there are already reports out of Russia that Evgeny Kuznetsov will be joining the Capitals before the end of the week.
The Capitals are in better financial shape to sign Evgeny Kuznetsov than they were before their trading frenzy.
The Capitals have acquired forward Dustin Penner from the Anaheim Ducks for a fourth-round pick. Penner, 31, is a left wing with 13 goals and 19 assists this season under former Washington coach Bruce Boudreau. He is in the final year of a contract that pays $2 million.
A left wing with 13 goals and 19 assists this season under former Washington coach Bruce Boudreau, Penner has spent six of his nine NHL seasons playing in the Los Angeles area with the Ducks or Kings and helped both franchises win a Stanley Cup.
Alex Ovechkin says he's ready to help Evgeny Kuznetsov adjust to living in Washington. The Caps need to get him here first.
Capitals forward Martin Erat, unhappy with his ice time, asked for a trade months ago. Less than 24 hours before the NHL's trade deadline, he finally got his wish.
After missing the last 57 games, Jack Hillen is ready to take the ice with the Capitals on Wednesday night.
With the NHL trade deadline fast approaching, is signing Evgeny Kuznetsov the deal George McPhee will most likely pull off?
Washington Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov has been suspended by the NHL for two games for boarding Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn.
Capitals defenseman Jack Hillen picked up a pair of assists in the Hershey Bears' loss to Charlotte on Sunday.
One point separates the the Capitals from the Flyers. A win today would put the Caps in playoff position.
The Capitals would be in playoff position with a win today in Boston and a Flyers loss to the Rangers.
"The first game [on Tuesday] I was limping pretty bad after, and now this one I feel a lot better," Hillen said. "We'll see how I feel when I get home. The next morning is the key. If I feel better [Monday] I should be good to go."
"I feel a lot better after this game than I did the first game," said Hillen [video here], referring to Tuesday night's game against the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Penguins in which he logged 20 minutes and recorded five shots.