- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Jack Wilshere
With Jack Wilshere out for six weeks, few would bet on Arsenal to win its first Premier League title since 2004.
Your Top Plays for Today: AP's Sports Guide
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will be out for about six weeks after cracking a bone in his left foot while playing for England.
Daniel Sturridge's late header gave England a 1-0 victory over Denmark on Wednesday on a largely ineffective night for the World Cup-bound team in its final friendly before the squad is named.
Liverpool did not even need Luis Suarez to make Arsenal look less than ordinary as the Reds went on a scoring rampage - netting four times in the first 20 minutes on Saturday in a 5-1 Premier League thrashing of the Gunners.
Arsenal signed Kim Kallstrom on loan from Spartak Moscow on Friday even though the Premier League club identified that the Sweden midfielder was carrying a back injury during his medical examination.
Lukas Podolski scored a brace in the first half on Friday to help give Arsenal a routine 4-0 victory over third-tier Coventry in the fourth round of the FA Cup.
Santi Cazorla scored twice in the second half Saturday to give Arsenal a 2-0 victory over Fulham that kept the Gunners top of the Premier League.
Arsenal scored two goals in the space of 59 seconds on its way to a 2-1 win over Aston Villa that put the visitors back on top of the Premier League on Monday.
Robin van Persie was a better soccer player than Lionel Messi in 2011. Or are statistics which suggest that misleading? Either way, this is official: It is plain absurd that the captain of Arsenal isn't a nominee with Messi for FIFA's Golden Ball award.
Arsenal wouldn't get a penny in compensation from France or Wales if Samir Nasri or Aaron Ramsey are hurt playing for their national teams Tuesday. Yet the London club could get a tidy insurance payout if Jack Wilshere picks up an injury marshaling England's midfield against Ghana.
"Shocked about news on Fabio Capello," England midfielder Jack Wilshere wrote on Twitter. "Gutted to be honest, gave me my 1st cap and believed in me! Thank you Mr Capello!"