- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
Latest Jackie Robinson Items
Capitals right wing Joel Ward says he'd like to someday share the story of Nelson Mandela with his children, when he has them.
Tune in this week to watch Yasiel Puig or David Ortiz in high-def, then check out these throwbacks: Jackie Robinson stealing home in a grainy newsreel, Ted Williams swinging in a black-and-white photo.
He was the Brooklyn left fielder in the 1951 National League playoff game when Bobby Thomson's pennant-winning homer, the so-called "shot heard 'round the world," flew over his head.
Andy Pafko, a four-time All-Star who played on the last Chicago Cubs team to reach the World Series and was the famously forlorn outfielder who watched Bobby Thomson's "Shot Heard `Round the World" sail over the left-field wall during the 1951 National League playoff, has died. He was 92.
Humble as ever, Mariano Rivera began his special day by paying tribute to a Hall of Famer.
Vin Scully will usher in 2014 as grand marshal of the 125th Rose Parade, an honor the Los Angeles Dodgers broadcaster initially wasn't sure he would accept.
The reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction of those responsible for defacing a statue of Jackie Robinson in New York with swastikas and hate speech is now $50,000.
Midway through their first WNBA season, Brittney Griner, Elena Delle Donne and Skylar Diggins are already leaving their mark.