- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Jackie Robinson Items
Indiana teen hits home run with Robinson essay
The New York Yankees honored Nelson Mandela on Wednesday night during their rain-delayed celebration of the legacy of Jackie Robinson, another icon of social change.
BOSTON MARATHON ANNIVERSARY
Marking the 67th anniversary of the day Jackie Robinson broke baseball's color barrier, the Rev. Jesse Jackson praised Commissioner Bud Selig for the strides the sport has taken in minority opportunities over the past two decades.
Jackie Robinson's 1947 Rookie of the Year award for the season he broke baseball's color barrier has sold for $401,968.
He was the Brooklyn left fielder in the 1951 National League playoff game when Bobby Thomson's pennant-winning homer, the so-called "shot heard 'round the world," flew over his head.
Andy Pafko, a four-time All-Star who played on the last Chicago Cubs team to reach the World Series and was the famously forlorn outfielder who watched Bobby Thomson's "Shot Heard `Round the World" sail over the left-field wall during the 1951 National League playoff, has died. He was 92.
Humble as ever, Mariano Rivera began his special day by paying tribute to a Hall of Famer.