- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
Topic - Jacqueline Nasser
ASSOCIATED PRESS Before Claire Stern goes back to school as a high school senior this fall, she needs a new tote. Not just any bag will do, though. "I want a tote bag by Jaye Hersh that the celebrities are wearing; they're called market bags," says Claire, 17, who lives in Bronxville, N.Y. "It's more stylish than a backpack."
"Handbags are huge," she says. "They are definitely a status symbol. So whether it's Marc Jacobs, Luis Vuitton, Yves St. Laurent or Chanel, girls will want the hot bags that they see all the celebrities carrying."
Elle Girl's Miss Nasser also says accessories are the entry point for teens buying luxury items.