- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Jacques Rogge Items
With one year to go until the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics, swimmers took the first plunge Wednesday in the new aquatics center hailed as a "masterpiece" by IOC President Jacques Rogge.
With most of the venues already completed, tickets nearly sold out and a massive security operation in the works, London is preparing to mark the one-year countdown to the biggest sports show on earth.
The South Korean town of Pyeongchang won the 2018 Winter Olympics on Wednesday, beating out Munich and Annecy, France.
SINGAPORE — IOC president Jacques Rogge said pollution in Beijing will not endanger the health of athletes, although their Olympic performance might suffer.
DHARAMSALA, India — China vowed yesterday to bring the Olympic torch through the heart of Tibet en route to the Summer Games in Beijing, again defying calls for dialogue by Tibetan exiles, the United States and much of the world.
China yesterday scrambled to contain the global fallout from days of bloody clashes in Tibet, as protests around the globe put the spotlight on Beijing's human rights record just months before it hosts the Olympic Games.