- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and ‘KILL my son!’
- Mideast hostilities ratchet as rockets from Lebanon strike Israel
Latest Jafar Panahi Items
A new movie from dissident Iranian director Jafar Panahi, which defies a ban on filmmaking and reflects his frustration at being unable to work officially, makes its debut at the Berlin film festival Tuesday.
Two Iranian dissidents _ a lawyer and a film director _ were awarded the 2012 Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought.
Normally filmmakers send the Cannes Film Festival their submissions by mail. Internationally acclaimed Iranian director Jafar Panahi smuggled his out of the country and to festival organizers on a USB key hidden in a cake.
Organizers say the Cannes Film Festival will screen two new films by Iranian filmmakers recently sentenced to six-year prison terms at home.
Iran has sentenced two prominent opposition filmmakers to six years in jail each on vague charges of working against the ruling system, their lawyers said Monday.