- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Jake Arrieta Items
Luis Valbuena, Nate Schierholtz and Brian Bogusevic homered, and the Chicago Cubs beat the Milwaukee Brewers 5-1 Thursday to stop a five-game losing streak.
The Chicago Cubs have recalled right-hander Jake Arrieta from Triple-A Iowa before Friday's game against the St. Louis Cardinals.
Feldman signed a one-year contract with the Cubs and went 7-6 with a 3.46 ERA in 15 starts this season. He is 46-50 with a 4.66 ERA in 219 major league games over nine seasons.
Down and all but out before the All-Star break, the Chicago Cubs are starting to make moves for the future.
The Chicago Cubs dealt starting pitcher Scott Feldman to the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday and traded former All-Star Carlos Marmol to the Los Angeles Dodgers in exchange for veteran reliever Matt Guerrier.
Evan Longoria hit three home runs and the Tampa Bay Rays beat Baltimore 4-1 Wednesday, ending the Orioles' bid to force a one-game tiebreaker for the AL East title.
Davey Johnson didn't have an answer. He couldn't find an explanation for why his team, the best in the National League East had failed to make another below-average pitcher look like one. Couldn't reason how, against a team that was struggling to get their starters even to the fifth inning, his team allowed one with an 8.56 ERA to throw five crisp ones and allow just two runs.
Josh Hamilton expects it will take some time before he realizes the significance of becoming the 16th player in baseball history to hit four home runs in a game.
Josh Hamilton became the 16th player to hit four home runs in a game, launching a quartet of two-run drives against three different pitchers in a history-making performance that carried the Texas Rangers to a 10-3 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday.