- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Jamaica Items
Josip Drmic's emergence as Switzerland's best source of World Cup goals continued Friday, striking late in a 1-0 warmup win over Jamaica.
Religious activists, students and colleagues gathered outside Jamaica's biggest university Monday to protest the firing of an HIV expert who testified on behalf of church groups defending an anti-sodomy law.
Lobbyists urged Jamaica's government Sunday to move within 120 days to decriminalize pot and establish a local medical marijuana industry.
Justin Gatlin cruised to victory in the 100 meters at the Shanghai Diamond League meet on Sunday, while Chinese hurdler Xie Wenjun got the loudest cheer of the night by upsetting world champion David Oliver in the 110-meter hurdles.
Sneakers squeak on the court. There are quick passes, blocks and steals, and making a goal almost always requires hitting nothing but net.
A handful of sex workers sit on discarded cardboard along a filthy sewer channel, sharing food and razors to shave their legs and faces as they prepare for the night's labor on the streets of Jamaica's capital.
Investigators in Jamaica have traced a relatively paltry sum of dirty money to a convicted gang kingpin who profited from government contracts while he oversaw an international crime syndicate, a senior official said Tuesday.
Olympic medalists Walter Dix and Justin Gatlin helped Team USA overcame a controversial opening leg to edge Jamaica by a hundredth of a second in the 400-meter relay in the Penn Relays on Saturday, and the Americans won four of six events in the "U.S.A. vs. The World" races.
Jamaica's anti-doping agency on Wednesday acknowledged that sample collection procedures in sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown's positive test last year were "inconsistent" with international standards.