- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Jameis Winston Items
The attorney representing the alleged victim in a sexual assault investigation involving Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston says her client never said she did not want to press charges.
The family and attorney of the alleged victim in a sexual assault investigation involving Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston on Wednesday sharply criticized Tallahassee police in their first public comments about the case.
A top Tallahassee official said that an investigation into allegations of sexual assault against Florida State University quarterback Jameis Winston was placed on hold for months because the alleged victim decided she did not want to press charges.
The lawyer for Florida State's Jameis Winston criticized State Attorney Willie Meggs Sunday for his public comments about the ongoing sexual assault investigation of the Seminoles' quarterback and for how the prosecutor has handled the probe.
Prosecutors are setting up an interview with the victim in the investigation of an alleged sexual assault tied to Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston that was reported nearly a year ago. They expect to close the investigation in a few weeks.
Tallahassee police investigated the Heisman Trophy contender in connection with a sexual assault that was reported nearly a year ago in an off-campus apartment. FSU records show the first report was made to campus police on Dec. 7 by a student at a dormitory. The investigation was handed over to Tallahassee police. The case was not given to prosecutors until this week.
An assistant state attorney says prosecutors in Tallahassee did not receive information about an 11-month-old sexual assault allegation involving Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston until Tuesday.
Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston is under investigation for an alleged sexual assault reported nearly a nearly a year ago.
Winston has been spectacular for No. 2 Florida State in his first college season and the redshirt freshman is one of the leading contenders for the Heisman Trophy.