- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
James Beard Foundation
Latest James Beard Foundation Items
Three chefs in Rhode Island have been named semi-finalists for prestigious James Beard Foundation awards in the regional "Best Chef" category.
His name is drawn on the napkins and chop sticks at his more than 30 restaurants around the world, but chef and restaurateur Nobuyuki "Nobu" Matsuhisa prefers to stay out of the limelight.
As more celebrated (and celebrity) chefs set their sights on the nation's capital for new restaurants, Washingtonians no longer need to go to New York to get a decent meal.
The winners of the 2012 James Beard Foundation restaurant and chef awards announced Monday are:
A teacup and saucer used only once by pop diva Lady Gaga has sold for more than $75,000 at auction, the sale's organizer said Monday.
Compost, "crack" and something called cereal milk _ unlikely ingredients that have propelled Christina Tosi to the head of her culinary class.
Six volumes, 2,438 pages, 46 pounds and $625 added up to two hefty awards Friday for Nathan Myhrvold's cookbook, "Modernist Cuisine."
The winners of the 2012 James Beard Foundation book, broadcast and journalism awards announced Friday are: