- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Latest James Blake Items
There's no Andy Roddick at Rock Creek Park this week, but Ryan Harrison spent one match showing a little of why he has drawn comparisons to the American star. Frustrated at himself on a few points Tuesday, Harrison slammed the ball into the court and high into the air — conveying a bit of the emotion and intensity missing without Roddick.
On Monday afternoon in Rock Creek Park, Donald Young was putting on a show, waxing opponent Artem Sitak in the first round of the Legg Mason Tennis Classic. The 22-year-old American was quick and powerful, making Sitak's unforced errors look like the result of his force and agility.
Donald Young's 22nd birthday was a little more than a week ago, and his tennis career has not taken off the way he _ and plenty of others _ figured it would when he turned pro as a teen in 2004.
Overcoming adversity is nothing new to James Blake. His tennis career has fluctuated wildly, at times propelling him to top-10 status, and at times dangling by a thread, forcing him to contemplate retirement.
Novak Djokovic ended his "losing streak."
Novak Djokovic has extended his winning streak to 22 consecutive matches by beating wild card James Blake 6-2, 6-0 in the third round at the Sony Ericsson Open.
Maria Sharapova overcame a deficit and a big-hitting opponent to avoid a significant upset in the first round of the U.S. Open.
From combined dispatches
Andy Roddick made sure he wouldn't become another victim.