- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest James Brown Items
Apple CEO Steve Jobs briefly emerged from a medical leave Monday as the company announced new software that makes Mac computers behave more like mobile devices.
The Ohio makers of singer James Brown's signature capes have agreed to give back one of the costumes the Godfather of Soul never got to wear.
The Ohio makers of James Brown's signature capes are being sued over one the Godfather of Soul never got to wear.
The Latin funk orchestra Grupo Fantasma might just be one of the least-known acts up for a Grammy this weekend, although it's a second-time nominee.
New York City's Apollo Theater launched the careers of such legends as Ella Fitzgerald. It also was the site of memorial services for Michael Jackson and James Brown, and a 2007 presidential campaign rally for Barack Obama.
Solomon Burke was born to the sound of music in an upstairs room of a Philadelphia church and went on to become one of the greatest soul singers of the 1960s, renowned as among music's premier vocalists.
Solomon Burke, the larger-than-life "king of rock and soul," who was revered as one of music's greatest vocalists but never reached the level of fame of those he influenced, died early Sunday at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport. He was 70.
The "Glee" cast has surpassed the Beatles for the most appearances on the Billboard Hot 100 chart by a non-solo act.
The audacity of the final score was staggering: UCLA 66, Texas 3.