- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
James C. Cacheris
Latest James C. Cacheris Items
A Virginia man convicted of plotting to detonate a suicide bomb at the U.S Capitol was sentenced Friday to 30 years in prison, the maximum sentence allowed under a plea deal he struck.
A former firefighter has settled with Fairfax County over a high-profile sexual harassment case that included charges that the woman's recruitment officer asked during her interview if she "enjoyed being watched while she had sex."
A federal judge has blocked Prince William County's pursuit of information on the more than 4,000 criminal illegal immigrants the county has turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement since implementing its controversial crackdown in 2007.
Federal prosecutors appealed a judge's ruling that prompted howls of protest from advocates of campaign-finance reform when he declared the law that bans corporate contributions to federal candidates is unconstitutional.
A judge has ruled that the campaign-finance law banning corporations from making contributions to federal candidates is unconstitutional, citing the Supreme Court's landmark Citizens United decision last year in his analysis.
In a precedent-setting case, a Falls Church man was sentenced to 10 years in prison yesterday for lying to authorities about his participation in a militant training camp in Pakistan after prosecutors successfully argued that his lies obstructed a wide-ranging terrorism investigation.