- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - James D. Schultz
Mr. Schultz said his office had not received formal notification of her decision yet, but would be reviewing the matter.
James D. Schultz, general counsel for the governor, said in a letter Tuesday to her office that Mrs. Kane's actions were "an improper usurpation" of the role of the courts, and her "personal opinion" was "not a valid basis for her refusal to do her job."