- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
James D. Syring
Latest James D. Syring Items
Air Force Gen. Herbert J. "Hawk" Carlisle, commander of the Pacific Air Forces, recently outlined his service's role in the Pentagon shift to Asia, known as both the "pivot" and Air Sea Battle, a concept to counter China's high-tech weapons.
Michaela Dodge's "The do's and don'ts of defense spending" (Commentary, May 30) urges Congress to shower more money on missile defense in the National Defense Authorization Act, particularly by building an East Coast site. This would be a spectacular waste of taxpayer dollars.