- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest James Delany Items
The Big Ten office has decided not to suspend any players or coaches for their actions in the wake of a fight in Saturday's game between No. 2 Ohio State and archrival Michigan.
If all goes according to plan, the possibility of one of those attention-grabbing FCS wins won't exist much longer in the Big Ten.
Larry Scott of the Pac-12 joined the chorus of commissioners calling for sweeping change in the NCAA, and said it can happen without confrontation and with the five most powerful football conferences still competing on the field with the other five.
The five power conferences are trying to redefine what it takes to operate a Division I college athletic program, with their commissioners calling out the NCAA at media days around the country.
The Big Ten is adding lacrosse in 2015 and welcoming Johns Hopkins as an affiliate member for men's lacrosse only.
At the December meeting of the school's Athletic Council, Gordon Gee also took shots at schools in the Southeastern Conference and the University of Louisville, according to a recording of a meeting he attended late last year.
No more "Legends." And no more "Leaders."
The conference is going with "East" and "West" as division names and switching to a nine-game scheduling format after presidents and chancellors approved the moves on Sunday.
The Bowl Championship Series will be replaced by the College Football Playoff.