- Mexico plans how to safely box up recovered cobalt
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - James Franklin
Kevin Sumlin. Chris Petersen. James Franklin.
Washington's Steve Sarkisian has accepted the Southern California coaching job, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press.
SEC fans should enjoy all the top-notch quarterbacks while they can because many of the great signal callers in the league won't be around for long.
No. 14 Missouri got the SEC's attention upsetting Georgia on the road. The Tigers will try to retain momentum without their most indispensable player.
Breaking down The Associated Press college football poll after Week 7 of the regular season.
Alabama coach Nick Saban has a strong _ and seemingly solitary _ stance on the Southeastern Conference potentially moving to a nine-game league schedule.
The Southeastern Conference is so strong that now even Vanderbilt, yes Vandy, is winning like the Commodores haven't in nearly a century.
Seems like just yesterday Randy Edsall, Maryland's imperious football coach, was imposing his will on Danny O'Brien and two other players to keep them from transferring to Vanderbilt, where former Terps assistant James Franklin has been gaining traction.
Florida has reason to celebrate, although it's not enough to elicit much reaction from coach Will Muschamp or his players.
When Hurricane Sandy becomes a hybrid weather monster some call "Frankenstorm" it will smack the East Coast harder and wider than last year's damaging Irene, forecasters said Friday.
An unusual nasty mix of a hurricane and a winter storm that forecasters are now calling "Frankenstorm" is likely to blast most of the East Coast next week, focusing the worst of its weather mayhem around New York City and New Jersey.
Florida State was perhaps Saturday's biggest winner, its 49-37 defeat of Clemson providing a bit of validation for the Seminoles' top-five ranking.
No. 1 Alabama (1-0) vs. Western Kentucky (1-0), 3:30 p.m. (SEC Network)
Missouri tailback Henry Josey will not play this year after injuring his left knee in November against Texas.
The Danny O'Brien Story was a tale so obvious merely 12 months ago, there almost wasn't a need to craft a story. Six months later it was discarded in a decision tinged with inevitability.