- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - James J. Andrews
Jason Hatcher has undergone a procedure on his knee and he reports that all went well.
After missing the 2013 season with a serious knee injury, Redskins cornerback Richard Crawford aims to pick up where he left off.
Carlos Beltran will take swings early next week before the New York Yankees decide if the right fielder needs surgery on his right elbow, manager Joe Girardi said.
Stop the pitching carnage.
All of baseball is focused on a most precious 2 1/8 inches - the average length of the ulnar collateral ligament.
Padres pitcher Josh Johnson will have his right elbow examined by noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews next week.
Atlanta Braves pitcher Brandon Beachy will have ligament-replacement surgery in his right elbow for the second time Friday and is expected to miss the entire season.
Atlanta Braves pitcher Kris Medlen has undergone elbow-ligament replacement surgery for the second time.
While the Atlanta Braves learned that Kris Medlen is definitely done for the season, Alex Wood pitched five dominant innings against the Houston Astros.
Oakland Athletics right-hander Jarrod Parker needs elbow ligament-replacement surgery and will miss the season.
St. Louis Cardinals starter Jaime Garcia will have his sore shoulder examined by Dr. James Andrews on Monday.
St. Louis left-hander Jaime Garcia is unlikely to be ready to pitch at the start of the season, but Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak won't completely rule out the possibility.
Jaime Garcia will seek a second opinion on his surgically repaired shoulder from Dr. James Andrews before deciding his next course of action, St. Louis General Manager John Mozeliak said on Tuesday.
Mark Sanchez's season is over. It might be the end of his time with the New York Jets, too.
Robert Griffin III will start the Washington Redskins' season-opener on Sept. 9 against the Philadelphia Eagles, coach Mike Shanahan said on Monday afternoon. Thus ends a months-long drama about whether the 23-year-old quarterback would be ready for Week 1 after undergoing right knee surgery on Jan. 9 to repair torn anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments.
He said the goal is for you to play this season, not do" OTAs.
"The professional ranks protect their pitchers a lot better than they do in the high schools," Andrews says.