- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest James Johnson Items
Fuquan Edwin scored seven of his 18 points in the final 27 seconds to lead Seton Hall to a 68-67 victory over Virginia Tech on Saturday night in the third-place game of the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic.
Jarell Eddie scored 17 points to lead Virginia Tech to a 79-61 win over Western Carolina on Friday.
After the Hokies' season started well, it quickly nosedived as their other perimeter scorers all seemed to lose their stroke, and confidence, at the same time. That left it up to Green to score more, but he hasn't been able to carry the team alone.
Freshman guard Jake Layman scored 18 of his 20 points in the decisive first half, and Maryland rolled past Virginia Tech 94-71 Saturday for its 13th consecutive victory.
On a midspring afternoon, Erick Green's last season at Virginia Tech was plunged into doubt.
Virginia Tech Hokies 2012-13 preview.
At 6:27 a.m. on his first day as a sophomore at Perry Hall High School in the Baltimore suburbs, Robert Wayne Gladden Jr. updated his Facebook status.
Police have arrested a 15-year-old student at Perry Hall High School who officials say randomly fired a gun in the school's cafeteria on Monday, injuring a 17-year-old senior.
After a spring of tumult, James Johnson is Virginia Tech's basketball coach, the rare longtime assistant whose first chance to run a program comes in the ACC. And he brings with him a message, manner and approach all aimed the same direction. "My voice," Johnson said recently, "is opportunistic."