- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - James L. Oberstar
Restoring financial regulation of the airline industry will be put before Congress if the Justice Department approves a proposed merger of United and Continental airlines, two key House members said Wednesday.
House Democrats pushed forward Wednesday with an effort to delete the word "navigable" from the act - a change that would give the government greater ability to enforce rules but that opponents said amounts to a federal power grab.
Florida has done the worst at spending stimulus bill transportation money, with only 2 percent of its available highway construction money being used already, according to a congressional study.
Florida has done the worst at spending stimulus bill transportation money, with only 2 percent of its available highway money being used already on construction projects, according to a congressional study.
The chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board is defending his decision to call an engineering flaw a "critical factor" in the collapse of the Minneapolis bridge that killed 13 persons and injured 145 others last summer.
A proposal floated by a House panel chairman to raise the federal gasoline tax to pay for bridge repairs has been criticized by the White House and Capitol Hill Republicans as a "knee-jerk" reaction to last week"s fatal bridge collapse in Minnesota.