The accused mastermind of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, appeared Wednesday in a camouflage vest and railed against the U.S. government at the military tribunal where he is being prosecuted.
Three of the five men charged with plotting the Sept. 11 attacks skipped their military tribunal hearing Tuesday after a judge ruled the men could not be forced to attend the session.
The self-proclaimed mastermind of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and four of his alleged accomplices appeared Monday in U.S. military court for an oft-delayed pre-trial hearing that will help determine how their eventual trial will be conducted.
Five Guantanamo prisoners charged in the Sept. 11 attacks returned before a military tribunal Monday, forgoing the protest that turned their last appearance into an unruly 13-hour spectacle.
The military judge presiding over the trial of an al Qaeda operative accused of masterminding the 2000 bomb attack on the USS Cole on Tuesday rejected a defense motion to recuse himself from the case.
The United States finally has started the prosecution of five Guantanamo Bay prisoners charged in the Sept. 11 attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people, but the trial won't be starting any time soon, and both sides said Sunday that the case could continue for years.
The self-proclaimed mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks repeatedly declined to answer a judge's questions Saturday and his co-defendants knelt in prayer in what appeared to be a concerted protest against the military proceedings.
A former Maryland resident pleaded guilty Wednesday to helping al Qaeda plot attacks from his native Pakistan, reaching a plea deal with the U.S. government that limits his sentence but that his attorneys say could put him and his family in jeopardy.
A copy of a magazine published by an arm of al Qaeda made its way to a terror suspect at the Guantanamo Bay prison, leading to an inspection of cells and a contentious new policy requiring special review teams to examine correspondence between prisoners and attorneys, U.S. prosecutors said Wednesday.
Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan deserves the death penalty for perpetrating the Nov. 5, 2009, Fort Hood massacre. He has earned this penalty not only for the scale of his crime - the worst domestic attack on a military installation in American history, killing 13 and wounding 32 - but also for the purposeful way he planned and executed the assault, his jihadist motives and for the fundamental betrayal of the trust placed in him as an officer in the United States Army.
A military hearing to determine whether an Army psychiatrist should go to trial for last year's deadly Fort Hood shootings was unexpectedly stalled Tuesday, without testimony from any of the dozens of survivors, after defense attorneys requested a monthlong delay.
The investigating officer in the case of an Army psychiatrist accused in the killing of 13 military personnel at Fort Hood has adjourned the proceedings with no witnesses called.
A military officer is expected to decide Thursday whether allowing the media and others to hear testimony next month from those who survived last year's shooting rampage at Fort Hood will jeopardize the suspect's right to a fair trial.
Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, facing 13 counts of premeditated murder, made his first in-person court appearance Tuesday, before military judge Col. James Pohl and won a request to delay the trial for four months.