- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - James Louis Garvin
A woman connected to former council member Harry Thomas Jr.'s scheme to steal $350,000 in public funds from the city has been charged with filing a false tax return in 2010, according to federal court records.
Bill would add Virginia to health-care opponents; Another guilty plea in D.C. corruption case; Issa calls hearing on Occupy D.C.; O'Malley budget includes tax hikes; D.C. Council reaches deal on medical marijuana; GOP withdrawals 'loyalty oath'; Metro police sued on free speech; Occupy protesters toss apparent smoke bomb onto White House lawn.
The manager of a Ward 5 golf course admitted on Wednesday he allowed former council member Harry Thomas Jr. to use his nonprofit as a conduit for a scheme that bilked more than $300,000 from the District.
Federal prosecutors on Tuesday charged a second person accused of serving as a pass-through for public funds that former council member Harry Thomas Jr. stole for his personal use.