- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
James M. Cole
Latest James M. Cole Items
The Senate subcommittee on antitrust, competition policy and consumer rights is holding a hearing Wednesday focused on the market power - and potential market abuse - of the Internet search giant Google. While antitrust enforcement rightly focuses on consumer harm, subcommittee members also should carefully examine the impact of Google's operations on America's small businesses.
Google Inc. has agreed to forfeit $500 million for allowing Canadian pharmacies to place advertisements on the online search engine targeting U.S. consumers, who unlawfully imported controlled and non-controlled prescription drugs into the United States.
Obama Justice Department outrages never cease. The politically charged gang led by Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. is more interested in helping felons vote than in helping the military to vote. Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican, has put a legislative hold on the already troubled nomination of James M. Cole to be deputy attorney general until the attorney general ensures full protection for voting rights of our military (and associated civilian personnel) stationed abroad. The senator is right to raise a ruckus.