- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest James Madison Items
James Madison made national headlines earlier this season at Virginia Tech, becoming just the second FCS squad to knock off a Top 25 team.
When asked on a recent conference call about a team with a losing record receiving a bowl invitation, Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone said he was unaware of such a situation _ his focus was entirely on getting the Orange bowl-eligible.
Even during a relatively routine first month of the football season, there have been a few scores that have jumped off the ticker.
Austin Peay coach Rick Christophel could never imagine playing against Wisconsin in Camp Randall Stadium when he was the first of three brothers to quarterback the Tennessee college back in the early 1970s.
Today's 223rd anniversary of the promulgation of the U.S. Constitution occurs as Americans increasingly insist the federal government honor constitutional limits on federal power. The backlash against overweening government is boiling over in the Tea Party movement, town-hall meetings, demonstrations on the National Mall and in polling data.
Bud Foster gathered his defense together at 6:45 a.m., just like always.
Every game counts. That's what the people who push the Bowl Championship Series like to tell college football fans _ and they're right.
On a Saturday filled with marquee matchups, the Atlantic Coast Conference's best got beat up all over. It looked more like the Atlantic Toast Conference.