- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - James Mann
Police say they found a 15-inch chef's knife in a student's back pack when they responded to a locked down school where someone wrote "I have a gun" on a rest room wall.
A Pennsylvania convenience store clerk thwarted a BB-gun wielding robber with his own real handgun before kicking him in the rear and out of the store, police said.
"Mr. Hayes certainly qualifies to be one of the world's dumbest, and luckiest-to-be-alive, criminals," Mr. Mann added.
"The clerk remained very calm, leaned over, and he also had a handgun that was underneath the counter," interim Ambridge Police Chief James Mann said. "And he pulled his handgun on the perpetrator. The clerk had every justification to actually shoot the individual."