- Deadly N.Y. train derailment leads to Senate call for cameras at tracks
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- SWAT team at Phoenix hospital as armed man clears emergency room
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle dragged from political meeting, booted from party
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Thai prime minister dissolves Parliament, calls elections
- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
Latest James Thurber Items
After 18 years, seven albums and 10 Grammys, the Foo Fighters are taking a break.
A collection of humorist Calvin Trillin's writings called "Quite Enough of Calvin Trillin: Forty Years of Funny Stuff" has won the Thurber Prize for American Humor.
William Windom, who won an Emmy Award for his turn in the 1969 TV comedy series "My World And Welcome To It" and went on to score guest appearances on several popular shows, has died.
A program that lets writers be inspired by staying in the home where humorist James Thurber once lived is being revived in honor of an Associated Press journalist who died last year.
Some authors are so major that even their minor efforts deserve attention. Such a man is Paul Johnson, the English writer whose 15 books include an outstanding history of Christianity and several worthy popular compilations on subjects including the American people, the English people and the birth and evolution of modern times.