- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Latest Jamie Dixon Items
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Pittsburgh spent the first half of its Atlantic Coast Conference debut misfiring on offense while watching North Carolina State control the glass and beat the Panthers down the floor.
Jamie Dixon hired Mike Rice as an assistant at Pittsburgh in 2006, drawn by Rice's passion and ability to get into the living room of a prized recruit and close the deal.
Khem Birch isn't big on going with the flow.
Pittsburgh football coach Todd Graham felt the Panthers were the best team in the Big East when he took over in January.
Another tremendous regular season, another failed postseason for Pitt coach Jamie Dixon and the Panthers.
By any measure, this is the Golden Age of Pittsburgh basketball. In the last decade, the Panthers have had nine 25-win seasons, gotten to the Sweet 16 five times and become an elite member of an elite conference, the Big East.
As the No. 1 seed, Pittsburgh is the better team.
The expanded NCAA tournament field _ now at 68 teams _ has thrown a wrinkle into the art of scouting an opponent for Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon.
Back in October, Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun didn't like playing this game so early in the season. Especially in Pittsburgh. Or without another Big East game preceding it.