- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Jan Veselý Items
In Bradley Beal's first game back from injury, he scored 14 points in the 4th quarter - and the game-winning lay up - as the Wiz ended a 4-game losing streak.
After catching a nice bounce pass from Garrett Temple in transition, Jan Vesely threw down a dunk over New York's Amar'e Stoudemire. Watch here.
Trevor Booker and Jan Vesely have to play well again -- and avoid foul trouble -- to give the Wizards a better chance to win without Nene, who will miss his third game in a row.
Coach Randy Wittman was reluctant to put Otto Porter and Glen Rice on the court together, but expect to see them again Saturday night.
The Wizards lost for the 11th time in a row in Atlanta -- and fell to 1-4 in overtime games this season -- as Al Horford hit the game-winning shot at the buzzer.
The reserves played worse in Monday's 75-74 loss to the Denver Nuggets, contributing only five points on 2-for-13 shooting.
A right knee injury to Kevin Seraphin makes the foot injury to Nene even more significant for the Wizards, who will have no size coming off the bench if neither can play Monday.
Ailments to Nene, Kevin Seraphin and Al Harrington will make beating Denver a difficult task Monday at Verizon Center.
The Wizards had their most dominant performance of the season, led by Trevor Ariza's 24 points and John Wall's 13 assists, and now have a 9-9 record to mark the first time since 2009 they've been at least .500.