- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Janet Napolitano Items
As Gov. Jan Brewer approached the podium and read a carefully worded statement on her veto of a bill that would've let businesses refuse service to gays, she found herself in the familiar territory: the national spotlight.
Former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says the level of security at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia is "quite appropriate" and "very good" based on what she has seen and what she's heard from athletes competing there.
When French President Francois Hollande arrives in the nation's capital for a three-day state visit on Monday, he's bringing much baggage, but not of the suitcase variety.
New Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said Friday he has tapped his deputy, Alejandro Mayorkas, to prepare the department for an eventual legalization program that would oversee the processing of millions of illegal immigrants into future citizens.
Sen. John McCain, one of the chief authors of the Senate immigration bill, said Wednesday that the border is still not secure, and said he thinks U.S. Customs and Border Protection isn't even patrolling it correctly.
Former Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano said the United States will continue to work with Russia and the International Olympic Coalition to ensure athletes and spectators are safe at the Olympics in Sochi next month.
Boitano joins Billie Jean King and Caitlin Cahow as openly gay athletes in the U.S. delegation for the opening and closing ceremonies. Including them is widely seen as a message from the White House to Russia about its treatment of gays and lesbians.
With less than two months before the games begin, the Obama administration on Tuesday revealed the roster of the American delegation to the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
Jeh Johnson, President Obama's nominee to head the massive Homeland Security Department, won Senate committee approval on Wednesday, clearing a key hurdle as he seeks to take the reins of a complex bureaucracy still suffering growing pains 10 years after it was created.