- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Latest Janet Napolitano Items
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says the influx of immigrants into Arizona will put this conservative stronghold into the hands of the Democratic Party.
Help wanted: Hackers. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says the department is seeking skilled computer hackers — primarily college-age students — to help with the "new and rapidly growing threats" to America's cybersecurity systems, the Christian Science Monitor reports.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet A. Napolitano does not use email, she told reporters, saying it is a time suck and can create legal or other problems.
A senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary committee on Friday called into question the leadership abilities of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, expressing "outrage" at what he called the department's questionable response to sequestration — including the release of detainees from detention centers across the country.
Officials with airports cited by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano as examples of how the sequester would delay airline travelers say she's wrong — they're not delaying flights one bit.
The screeching you hear in Washington is the sound of politicians slamming their mouths into reverse as they back away from their previous positions on the misnamed "budget sequester." For weeks now, we have been told that an $85 billion reduction in the rate of increase in federal spending -- a 2.4 percent cut -- will have devastating consequences for our nation.
Longer lines at airports are due to sequestration, said Department of Homeland Security director Janet Napolitano.
The Homeland Security Department released from its jails more than 2,000 illegal immigrants facing deportation in recent weeks due to looming budget cuts and planned to release 3,000 more during March, The Associated Press has learned.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Wednesday that she didn't order immigration agents to delay arresting an illegal immigrant and registered sex offender working for Sen. Robert Menendez's New Jersey office in the middle of his re-election campaign last year.