- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Janet Wallach
This autumn has seen a slew of new books about the economy and the new plutocracy. None is as absorbing as Janet Wallach's "The Richest Woman in America," which takes us through America's repeated booms and busts through the eyes and coolheaded example of the remarkable financial genius Hetty Green.
When asked why she adored her Scottish terrier so much, she replied: "He doesn't know how rich I am."