- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
Latest Japan Items
Results of a key international assessment of 15-year-old students around the world show no improvement for the U.S.
U.S. Vice President Joe Biden voiced strong opposition Tuesday to China's new air defense zone above a set of disputed islands, showing a united front with an anxious Japan as tension in the region simmered.
As Vice President Joseph R. Biden arrived in Japan on Monday for a week of diplomacy in Asia, the U.S. military dispatched the first of six top-tech submarine-hunting jets to its Okinawa post near the disputed East China Sea, a move sure to ratchet up tensions among China and the U.S.
U.S. Vice President Joe Biden has opened a weeklong trip to Asia aimed at showing the U.S. is still committed to increasing its engagement and influence in the region.
U.S. military authorities dispatched the first of six top-tech submarine-hunting jets to its Okinawa post near the disputed East China Sea, a move sure to ratchet up tensions among China and the United States.
Last month as the world awaited news of tense negotiations between Iran and the so-called "P5+1" (the United States, Russia, China, United Kingdom and France, plus Germany) over Tehran's growing nuclear program, a rising giant with an already sizable nuclear arsenal made its own headlines.
"President Obama needs to fire himself. Not literally, of course, but practically: He needs to shake up his team so thoroughly that the new blood imposes change on how he manages the federal bureaucracy and leads," says Ron Fournier, a veteran national news correspondent and editorial director for National Journal.
Hideki Matsuyama has become the first rookie to claim the Japanese tour's money title with a win at the Casio World Open.
The Pentagon said Friday it will continue to operate in an air zone over the East China Sea that China recently declared as under its control.